We have a range of witness cameras which we normally hardwire in for a neat installation, running the cable behind trims etc and connected behind the dashboard.
Dash cams as they’re more commonly known automatically start recording when the car ignition is switched on and record video onto removable storage, normally a SD card. When the storage limit is reached the system will begin to overwrite from the beginning in a never ending loop. Some have GPS your files to pinpoint the location of the recording and monitor speed, time and date, Etc.
G sensors pick up impact and move the recording from around the incident to a separate file or SD in some cases to ensure they’re not overwritten. Some cameras are able to sit in a standby mode and begin recording on impact, This can be useful for unattended vehicles over say a weekend, when parked in a busy area or even the supermarket car park .The footage from your camera, combined with any footage from the location itself, might help establish the car and driver Etc.
Lots of options to suit various needs and budgets starting with single view front facing units, twin systems with a rear facing camera, units that connect to a smart phone to view images, some have built in monitors and commercial vehicle systems with monitors that can be used as a reversing camera. Again for commercial vehicles we have cameras to fit on mirrors to monitor the sides with front and rear recording, to a hard drive.
We would recommend the ThinkWare dash cam range.
Dash cams are surveillance video cameras mounted in cars. in recent years dash cams have gained massive popularity for their importance in providing video evidence of traffic accidents. However, dash cams can be more then just a recording device of traffic incidents, but also a companion to capture and share your adventures on the road. From stressful traffic incidents to beautiful road trips, dash cams can be the most dependable car companion that records all of your driving scenarios.
ThinkWare Dash Cams
- Thinkware is the largest dash cam manufacturer in the world and has won many awards for being the most reliable Korean Automotive Manufacturer for 8 years consecutively.
- All models have super capacitor instead of rechargeable battery to overcome reliability, heat issues and limited life span that rechargeable batteries have.
- 1 channel and 2 channel options offering interior camera with or without night vision (IR) and exterior cameras for vans ect.
- Sony Exmoor CMOS 2.19Mpixels, significantly improves video quality even at night. 1080P 30FPS front and rear on most models.
- Enhanced parking mode on 3 models
- Enhanced night vision on 3 models
- Mac and Andriod compatibility apps for both OS’s and PC Viewer for both as well
- GPS option or feature gives safety/speed camera alerts
- Cloud connectivity on F800 PRO giving push notifications of impacts/driving behaviour and geofencing ect.
- Dual saving feature collecting of data on built in memory and microSD card
BlackVue Dash Cams
BlackVue is a vehicle drive recorder designed to record all video images with various recording features while driving or parking. Experience the power of advanced parking mode using motion detection technology. When parking mode is enabled, the memory is used efficiently and a recording is only made if movement or an impact is detected. It also saves high quality H.264 video images with or without voice on to a micro SD memory card that comes FREE with BlackVue.
Blackvue’s cylindrical design is stylish and modern and allows various recording directions.
Use the FREE of Charge PC-based management software to search and playback recorded video images as well as set up various functions of the recorder.
- High quality images based on H.264 compression technology
By adapting the latest high definition video technology (superior to MPEG4), images are recorded in high quality video both night and day.
- Voice and LED indications
Easy to understand the current settings of BlackVue according to voice instructions and LED indications.
- Rotating cylindrical design
Since the device is small and light and the main body can be rotated by 360°, it is easy to install and set any recording direction.
- A built-in G-sensor
When an impact occurs whilst driving your vehicle the BlackVue’s built-in G-sensor detects this automatically and starts recording the event.
It is possible to adjust sensitivity of the G sensor through the BlackVue software.