Monoblock Class D Subwoofer Amplifier, 500 W x 1 @ 2 Ω / 250 W x 1 @ 4 Ω – 14.4V
Designed to produce a whopping 500 watts into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the JD500/1 amplifier is a great solution for powering subwoofers in a cost-conscious system. Our proprietary NexD™ switching technology delivers large amounts of real-world power output with excellent efficiency and ultra-low distortion.
The JD500/1’s controls are located on the input panel. while the power and speaker connections can be found along the opposite end of its extruded aluminum chassis. Signal processing features include a 12 dB / octave low-pass filter, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and a variable bass boost EQ. Dual-range, differential-balanced inputs are also on-hand, capable of accepting line-level and speaker-level signals. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard, along with a set of preamp outputs so you can easily pass signals to another amplifier.
The JD500/1 is also equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator ring, surrounding the input sensitivity control. This useful feature lets you set your amplifier’s input sensitivity, quickly and accurately, without special equipment. With the addition of an RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately), you can control the subwoofer level from the driver’s seat.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
- @ 4 Ω 250 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 350 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
- @ 4 Ω 225 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 300 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 400 W RMS x 1
- Frequency Response > 7 Hz – 500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power > 80 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W > 60 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω > 1000 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω > 500 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Min Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire Fuse Rating
- 50 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™) Signal Processing
- Filter Modes Low-Pass Only
- Filter Slope (dB/Octave) 12dB
- Filter Frequency Range 50-500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers No
- Filter Defeatable? No
- Remote Level Control > Optional (RBC-1)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output Type buffered