4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 100 W x 4 @ 2 Ω / 75 W x 4 @ 4 Ω – 14.4V
Utilizing our exclusive NexD™ high-speed switching technologies, the JD400/4 amplifier is engineered to deliver loads of clean power, with excellent efficiency and low distortion. This little guy churns out 100 watts of audio from each of its four channels into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD) and is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a whopping 200W x 2 into 4 ohms.
The JD400/4’s controls can be found on the input panel of the amplifier, with all speaker and power connections located along the opposite end of the extruded aluminum chassis. Signal processing features include high or low-pass 12 dB / octave filters (defeatable) for each channel pair, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and dual-range, differential-balanced inputs capable of accepting line-level or speaker-level signals. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard equipment.
Onboard LED-clipping indicators are also included surrounding each input sensitivity control. This convenient feature lets you set your amplifier’s input sensitivity, quickly and accurately, without special equipment. You will also find a set of buffered, pass-through preamp outputs on-board, so you can pass signals to another amplifier.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
- @ 4 Ω 75 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω 100 W RMS x 4
- Bridged @ 4Ω 200 W RMS x 2
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
- @ 4 Ω 60 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω 90 W RMS x 4
- Bridged @ 4Ω 180 W RMS x 2
- Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω >75 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Min Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire Fuse Rating
- 40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™) Signal Processing
- Filter Modes Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope (dB/Octave) 12dB
- Filter Frequency Range 50-500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers No
- Filter Defeatable? Yes
- Remote Level Control No
- Remote Level Modes N/A
- Channel Input Mode Switch Yes (2/4 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output Type buffered
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts No (always 2 Ch)