The term “overbuilt” gets thrown around a lot, but in the case of the JL Audio 15W0v3, it actually applies. With a beefy voice coil and JL Audio’s patented Elevated Frame Cooling, it is certainly capable of handling power. It also offers best-in-class excursion capability, with a motor refined using JL’s exclusive DMA modeling system for increased output and better sound quality.
The JL Audio 15W0v3 incorporates a new terminal and a lead-wire system woven into the spider, along with a new metallic silver frame finish that looks great in any installation.
When the going gets loud, the JL 15W0v3 is built to perform like no other woofer in this price class, making it ideal for those seeking high performance from an affordable subwoofer system.
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 24.43 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.508
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 9.474
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.482
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 5.106 cu. ft. / 144.60 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.50 in. / 12.7 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.180% Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 88.20 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 122.317 in. sq. / 0.0789 m sq.
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.555 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 500W
- Driver Displacement: 0.109 cu. ft. / 3.09 liters
- Net Weight: 15.8 lbs. / 7.2 kg
For maximum application flexibility, W0v3’s are designed for use in compact sealed or medium-size ported enclosures.
- 15W0v3: 1.75 cu.ft. sealed